All comments

🕐 05-13-19 8:53 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 51010
Photo by: cliff pinder
Sweet looking 6. I have those wheels. They look great on your car.
🕐 04-28-19 2:49 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 51004
Photo by: JT
Contrary to what the Bently books says, You simply cannot slide the old tensioner out. It's too wide. You have to remove the retaining pin.
🕐 04-28-19 2:45 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50999
Photo by: JT
Do these timing marks look odd?

Original damper is the gray one. The new one is the black one. However, the timing marks on the new one for BTDC don't jive with the old ones. I know I can always just subtract 4 from the numbers to get it to match. Just wondering why its this way.
🕐 04-20-19 4:20 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50962
Photo by: JT
Powder coated a lot of things prior to assembly. Now I realize the front plate needs to be stripped. If the heat exceeds 400 degrees it will melt the powder coat and potentially run into the engine. Bad planning on my side.

Maybe I am wrong so am open to hear back from others.
Load more comments
🕐 03-28-19 8:00 PMsafire6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50950
Photo by: safire6
Hi JT,
Yes installing the hubs was easy. Very simple and straightforward. I assume that you have the Bentley manual? Replacing the U-joints on the original axles not so much but this was the 2nd time I've done the U-joints in the 30 years I've had the car so no complaints. I installed Keen-serts in the aluminum trailing arms years ago. I've seen all your pics and progress on your car and you've come a long way...no giving up now! It took me 5 years to do the frame off on my '72...just keep plugging along...it'l be well worth it when it's done! I never would have attempted to paint my own car because I don't have the skills or the patience, so good for you-you've done a great job as shown by your pics!
Load more comments
🕐 03-27-19 8:41 AMallzway posted Click to view details
Photo 50945
Photo by: allzway
It is running now. It had been stored in a warehouse for 25+ years, so I had to replace all hydraulics, have the carbs rebuilt, and clean fuel system completely.
🕐 03-22-19 12:48 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50948
Photo by: allzway
At first glance I thought it was a TVR Tasmin. The body panels really enhance the look and give it a much more muscular stance. Love it!
🕐 03-19-19 6:36 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50921
Photo by: drewstr6
That is so classic looking. I bet you get many compliments. I just love the simple look of these carsSmile
🕐 03-17-19 4:43 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50927
Photo by: JT
Time to start putting it back together.
🕐 03-17-19 4:42 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50925
Photo by: JT
Trunk / boot lid turned out ok.
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50926
Photo by: JT
Spent all day wet sanding and buffing today. Spring is here and I can do more work.
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50928
Photo by: JT
Load more comments
🕐 03-14-19 11:15 AMdrewstr6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50922
Photo by: drewstr6
My engine is stock and while I can't say that it really increased the power, the engine does seem more responsive. I removed the fan and used Rick's fan eliminator kit as well. I feel that the combination of these two changes have made the car quicker and much more smooth. I did replace the stock 4-speed with the HVDA Toyota 5-Speed. These three things have made the car so much fun to drive and significantly more reliable, which is what I was aiming for.
Load more comments
🕐 03-13-19 8:36 AMdrewstr6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50923
Photo by: drewstr6
I don't really know the specific kind of wood for the dash. It was on the car when I bought it.
Load more comments
🕐 03-11-19 7:17 PMtr6bobnf posted Click to view details
Photo - 50911
Photo by: tr6bobnf
The rocker panel rust was covered by the black gravel guard and was not noticeable until it was stripped for paint. The other two were small pinholes that I covered up with white caulk that first Summer! Very professional; not Smile But.... I was more interested in driving the car I had longed for all those years to worry about a few pinholes. The right front fender was removed, repaired with a patch Mig'd in and painted with green aircraft primer prior to the gray primer coat, then water sanded and sprayed white. I have a couple pics of the fender repair somewhere.
The frame was a pleasant surprise. Super solid in the trailing arm ladder extensions and all throughout. I know because I had everything out of there and sanded it down and painted it. The front and rear diff mounts needed work because as you probably know, the upper mounting sheet metal is very thin and prone to failure through either rust or in my case, metal fatigue. All repaired now with boxed mounts and access panels cut into the rear parcel shelf area to expose the tops of the mounting bolts and fab repair patches. See pic of another car with identical method I will post in my pics area. Mine was done neater and Mig'd back in and covered with black, sound deadening undercoat. I got lucky and got a very solid but very tired car from Drake's that just needed money thrown at the mechanicals. You can see from the engine pics that a lot of time was spent in there too. It took me all Winter and most of Spring of 2012 to get it to the "after" pics shown in the gallery. Lot of work but worth it!
Cheers,
Bob
Cheers,
Bob
🕐 03-11-19 11:55 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50912
Photo by: fasttrs
Any details about the engine and transmission? Looks mean Smile
Load more comments
🕐 03-10-19 5:12 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50909
Photo by: g_jetson
I almost bought the ones from BC that you describe. I ended up with the VTO which look almost identical. Wonder if they are from the same factory Smile Here is a link to my wheels ...

Load more comments
🕐 03-10-19 12:36 PMg_jetson posted Click to view details
Photo 50908
Photo by: g_jetson
Thanks.
Neil
🕐 03-9-19 8:56 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50904
Photo by: coyote
Nice to see the 6 leading the pack Smile
🕐 03-9-19 8:54 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50907
Photo by: tr250
I rarely see hard tops on the 6.

Thanks for sharing.

Help run the site

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run TriumphDrivers.

Thanks for your support !