All comments

Photo by: JT
Beautiful car!
Load more comments
🕐 08-11-19 10:00 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50821
Photo by: keithstewart
Keith, your TR6's twin is done Smile After a long 18 months she is running and looking better than when I picked her up.

Embeded Photo

🕐 08-4-19 11:05 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 51099
Photo by: JT
Facet electric fuel pump installed.
🕐 08-4-19 10:54 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 51103
Photo by: JT
If you buy new CV rear axles from rimmer brothers make sure you tell them to check them prior to shipping. One of my axles arrived with a tear in the boot and it's almost impossible to get support from them. I patched it.
Load more comments
🕐 07-12-19 1:22 PMmallard posted Click to view details
Photo 51068
Photo by: hardwaredan
The pair of fog lights make a classical touch to the beautiful TR-6.
🕐 07-9-19 9:22 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 51073
Photo by: hardwaredan
I just noticed the gauges. I am really liking the white dials. Now you have me rethinking my instrument cluster Smile
🕐 07-2-19 6:49 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 51058
Photo by: JT
Getting closer to the day where I can see if it runs Smile
🕐 05-13-19 8:53 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 51010
Photo by: cliff pinder
Sweet looking 6. I have those wheels. They look great on your car.
🕐 04-28-19 2:49 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 51004
Photo by: JT
Contrary to what the Bently books says, You simply cannot slide the old tensioner out. It's too wide. You have to remove the retaining pin.
🕐 04-28-19 2:45 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50999
Photo by: JT
Do these timing marks look odd?

Original damper is the gray one. The new one is the black one. However, the timing marks on the new one for BTDC don't jive with the old ones. I know I can always just subtract 4 from the numbers to get it to match. Just wondering why its this way.
🕐 04-20-19 4:20 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50962
Photo by: JT
Powder coated a lot of things prior to assembly. Now I realize the front plate needs to be stripped. If the heat exceeds 400 degrees it will melt the powder coat and potentially run into the engine. Bad planning on my side.

Maybe I am wrong so am open to hear back from others.
Load more comments
🕐 03-28-19 8:00 PMsafire6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50950
Photo by: safire6
Hi JT,
Yes installing the hubs was easy. Very simple and straightforward. I assume that you have the Bentley manual? Replacing the U-joints on the original axles not so much but this was the 2nd time I've done the U-joints in the 30 years I've had the car so no complaints. I installed Keen-serts in the aluminum trailing arms years ago. I've seen all your pics and progress on your car and you've come a long way...no giving up now! It took me 5 years to do the frame off on my '72...just keep plugging along...it'l be well worth it when it's done! I never would have attempted to paint my own car because I don't have the skills or the patience, so good for you-you've done a great job as shown by your pics!
Load more comments
🕐 03-27-19 8:41 AMallzway posted Click to view details
Photo 50945
Photo by: allzway
It is running now. It had been stored in a warehouse for 25+ years, so I had to replace all hydraulics, have the carbs rebuilt, and clean fuel system completely.
🕐 03-22-19 12:48 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50948
Photo by: allzway
At first glance I thought it was a TVR Tasmin. The body panels really enhance the look and give it a much more muscular stance. Love it!
🕐 03-19-19 6:36 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50921
Photo by: drewstr6
That is so classic looking. I bet you get many compliments. I just love the simple look of these carsSmile
🕐 03-17-19 4:43 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50927
Photo by: JT
Time to start putting it back together.
🕐 03-17-19 4:42 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50925
Photo by: JT
Trunk / boot lid turned out ok.
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50926
Photo by: JT
Spent all day wet sanding and buffing today. Spring is here and I can do more work.
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50928
Photo by: JT
Load more comments
🕐 03-14-19 11:15 AMdrewstr6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50922
Photo by: drewstr6
My engine is stock and while I can't say that it really increased the power, the engine does seem more responsive. I removed the fan and used Rick's fan eliminator kit as well. I feel that the combination of these two changes have made the car quicker and much more smooth. I did replace the stock 4-speed with the HVDA Toyota 5-Speed. These three things have made the car so much fun to drive and significantly more reliable, which is what I was aiming for.

Help run the site

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run TriumphDrivers.

Thanks for your support !