All comments

50921
🕐 03-19-19 6:36 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50921
Photo by: drewstr6
That is so classic looking. I bet you get many compliments. I just love the simple look of these carsSmile
50927
🕐 03-17-19 4:43 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50927
Photo by: JT
Time to start putting it back together.
50925
🕐 03-17-19 4:42 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50925
Photo by: JT
Trunk / boot lid turned out ok.
50926
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50926
Photo by: JT
Spent all day wet sanding and buffing today. Spring is here and I can do more work.
50928
🕐 03-17-19 4:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50928
Photo by: JT
Load more comments
50922
🕐 03-14-19 11:15 AMdrewstr6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50922
Photo by: drewstr6
My engine is stock and while I can't say that it really increased the power, the engine does seem more responsive. I removed the fan and used Rick's fan eliminator kit as well. I feel that the combination of these two changes have made the car quicker and much more smooth. I did replace the stock 4-speed with the HVDA Toyota 5-Speed. These three things have made the car so much fun to drive and significantly more reliable, which is what I was aiming for.
Load more comments
50923
🕐 03-13-19 8:36 AMdrewstr6 posted Click to view details
Photo - 50923
Photo by: drewstr6
I don't really know the specific kind of wood for the dash. It was on the car when I bought it.
Load more comments
50911
🕐 03-11-19 7:17 PMtr6bobnf posted Click to view details
Photo - 50911
Photo by: tr6bobnf
The rocker panel rust was covered by the black gravel guard and was not noticeable until it was stripped for paint. The other two were small pinholes that I covered up with white caulk that first Summer! Very professional; not Smile But.... I was more interested in driving the car I had longed for all those years to worry about a few pinholes. The right front fender was removed, repaired with a patch Mig'd in and painted with green aircraft primer prior to the gray primer coat, then water sanded and sprayed white. I have a couple pics of the fender repair somewhere.
The frame was a pleasant surprise. Super solid in the trailing arm ladder extensions and all throughout. I know because I had everything out of there and sanded it down and painted it. The front and rear diff mounts needed work because as you probably know, the upper mounting sheet metal is very thin and prone to failure through either rust or in my case, metal fatigue. All repaired now with boxed mounts and access panels cut into the rear parcel shelf area to expose the tops of the mounting bolts and fab repair patches. See pic of another car with identical method I will post in my pics area. Mine was done neater and Mig'd back in and covered with black, sound deadening undercoat. I got lucky and got a very solid but very tired car from Drake's that just needed money thrown at the mechanicals. You can see from the engine pics that a lot of time was spent in there too. It took me all Winter and most of Spring of 2012 to get it to the "after" pics shown in the gallery. Lot of work but worth it!
Cheers,
Bob
Cheers,
Bob
50912
🕐 03-11-19 11:55 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50912
Photo by: fasttrs
Any details about the engine and transmission? Looks mean Smile
Load more comments
50909
🕐 03-10-19 5:12 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50909
Photo by: g_jetson
I almost bought the ones from BC that you describe. I ended up with the VTO which look almost identical. Wonder if they are from the same factory Smile Here is a link to my wheels ...

Load more comments
Photo by: coyote
Nice to see the 6 leading the pack Smile
50907
🕐 03-9-19 8:54 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50907
Photo by: tr250
I rarely see hard tops on the 6.

Thanks for sharing.
50902
🕐 03-8-19 2:32 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50902
Photo by: coyote
Oh. That looks sharp! Interesting history too.

That bumper looks amazing. My old TR7 back in 1981 which was a 78 model had bumpers that were extremely faded and gray looking. Living in Florida at the time did not help.
Load more comments
50884
🕐 03-6-19 5:47 PMtr6bobnf posted Click to view details
Photo 50884
Photo by: tr6bobnf
Only had the transmission attached. No way was I going to scratch that paint with the exhaust manifold attached. The tranny attached was easy with the adjustable tilt bar I had on the engine stand. I had the trans out twice more after that pic to fix the sticky clutch problem. Pulled it from inside the cabin. Nasty job as you probably know. It's just that the damn bolts are so hard to get at. If it ever comes out again it will be for either a Toyota 5-speed or a Ford 289 or 302 with a Ford T5 but I really like the 6. It's essentially stock , has lots of power (about 130-135 HP), sounds great and doesn't collect speeding tickets like a V-8 would.
50901
🕐 03-3-19 1:17 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50901
Photo by: tr6bobnf
I see you too have mastered position 136 from the KamaTriumph . Been there many times myself.
Load more comments
50888
🕐 03-3-19 7:24 AMtr6bobnf posted Click to view details
Photo 50888
Photo by: tr6bobnf
Konig Rewinds - Color called Graphite. Running 205/70 - 15 Yokohama AVID TRZ's
Recommend buying 16" Konigs so you don't have to use 1/4 " spacers on the front wheels. I already had the unused Yokes in 15" that I only paid $67.00 USD for and now it looks like the 16's are about $400 each so I went with the 15" Konigs, which cost me about $1000 to the door. The wheels stick out a tiny bit but only the purists really complain.
50894
🕐 03-2-19 11:37 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50894
Photo by: JT
My favorite paint gun. Had it for 25 years or so. Optima 800. Its awesome.
50899
🕐 03-2-19 7:42 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50899
Photo by: JT
Getting ready to paint the hood. I found 1 minor imperfection that needs addressing so instead of just base and clear, I now need to use some glazing putty, then prime again, block then finally paint.
50885
🕐 03-2-19 5:48 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50885
Photo by: tr6bobnf
I bet it didn't look this good when it came off the assembly line. Very very nice !

Help run the site

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run TriumphDrivers.

Thanks for your support !