All comments

50889
🕐 03-2-19 5:47 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50889
Photo by: tr6bobnf
That's a mighty fine example of a TR6 Smile It's beautiful!
50820
🕐 03-2-19 4:44 PMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50820
Photo by: keithstewart
Thanks guys. It is my wife's car. Smile
50880
🕐 03-1-19 8:06 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50880
Photo by: tr6bobnf
Oh wow. I rarely see white TR6's. They look look so classic! Beautiful!
50780
🕐 02-27-19 1:04 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50780
Photo by: joevacs
Wow. I have VTO as well. When I looked online I never saw your style wheels. Frown
50831
🕐 02-25-19 7:22 AMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50831
Photo by: keithstewart
The car is in storage for the winter right now, so I cannot easily check but I believe they are 195/65R15.
50787
🕐 02-24-19 9:59 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50787
Photo by: mi75spit
Thumbs up. Ready to roll ! 1 Spitfire to another Smile

Embeded Photo

50833
🕐 02-23-19 2:38 PMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50833
Photo by: keithstewart
I have them for the TR3 and the TR6 as well. These were the pictures I did for a club magazine write-up. Since most flasher units for our cars are designed to work with incandescent bulbs, you may need to replace your flasher relay with one designed for LEDs. Normal flasher relays require at least two incandescent bulbs in order to work properly as LEDs draw as little as .25 watt compared to the 4 watts of the incandescent system. I used the CEC EF33RL relay. Initially, with only one side installed, the signal lights flashed normally but only generated one click. After the relay for LEDs was installed, the lights flashed normally and generated clicking sounds as expected. I didn't do anything with the voltage regulator.
50828
🕐 02-23-19 2:10 PMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50828
Photo by: keithstewart
Thanks. The cool thing is that once they are set up, they are bullet-proof. They have not been touched (other than polishing) in over seven years.
50809
🕐 02-23-19 10:13 AMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50809
Photo by: safire6
Assuming you want the black ones like those on the green car rather than the stainless ones like those on the blue one, you can get them from Sailrite at:

I used to get mine from King Richard but they do not seem to be around/have them. Be aware that the better ones are anodized or plated while some are painted black and these scratch easily through the snap/unsnap process. The good metal ones are the same as those used on Porsche and Mercedes so you might also be able to pick up a small quantity at a local top shop.
50822
🕐 02-23-19 9:51 AMkeithstewart posted Click to view details
Photo - 50822
Photo by: keithstewart
It is the thermostatic vacuum switch. It is disabled so most of the hardware is not there. You can see it in TRF's Blue Book at

It is BN1. I have thought about replacing it with a single hose as the later cars used.
50806
🕐 02-23-19 8:11 AMderekmcallister posted Click to view details
Photo 50806
Photo by: derekmcallister
This was taken two years ago during one of our Toronto Triumph Club drives on a Sunday morning. We are approaching Hamilton Ontario from the North along the Niagara Escarpment.
50810
🕐 02-21-19 9:41 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50810
Photo by: safire6
So nice to see a TR6 looking like it just rolled off the assembly line. You even have the Lucas alternator.
50811
🕐 02-21-19 9:40 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50811
Photo by: safire6
That is one clean looking engine compartment. Looks amazing and original!
50786
🕐 02-21-19 12:58 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo - 50786
Photo by: mi75spit
BTW, just added a new way to add your photo to a registered car. Check this out

When you add your spitfire, this will make the photo selection easy Smile
50805
🕐 02-21-19 12:52 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo 50805
Photo by: derekmcallister
Awesome capture. Nothing like a bunch of Triumph owners enjoying a sunny day with the top down!
50785
🕐 02-21-19 7:52 AMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50785
Photo by: cduckworth
Does it have the overdrive transmission by any chance? My 74 did not. My 76 does and I still have not used it since it's being restored. Just wondering if there is a big difference between overdrive and not.
50795
🕐 02-19-19 12:31 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50795
Photo by: derekmcallister
This is a nice 74. I had an emerald green 74 about 25 years ago. I now have a 76 with British Racing Green. However, I much prefer the 74 due to having less emissions control and more horsepower with a higher compression head.

Having said all that. I cant't wait to get my car on the road again!
50790
🕐 02-18-19 9:30 AMmi75spit posted Click to view details
Photo - 50790
Photo by: mi75spit
Thanks, it’s a decent driver. Not a show car buts puts a smile on my face every time I drive it
50789
🕐 02-18-19 9:06 AMmi75spit posted Click to view details
Photo: 50789
Photo by: mi75spit
My oldest son at age 3,(2003) beside my first 75.
50784
🕐 02-16-19 7:24 PMJT posted Click to view details
Photo: 50784
Photo by: safire6
when I get enough of these gorgeous pictures of TR6 added to the Hall of Fame, they are the ones that will appear on the homepage at random. I just added this one to the Hall of Fame it is a beautiful beautiful car.

Help run the site

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run TriumphDrivers.

Thanks for your support !