After getting all excited with my new Webers and Pace Setter header, it was time to install. Little did I know I would have a couple of issues to deal with.
First issue was that the Pace Setter header flange was too big to fit between the intake manifold ports as expected. See the photo below ...
As you can see in the above photo, the intake and exhaust manifolds were touching thus preventing a proper fit. I had to mark with a marker the areas where it was too tight and file away with a hand bastard file.
Once I filed down the manifold to fit, I ran into another issue. The thickness of the intake manifold is 3mm thicker than the exhaust manifold. This means that the bolt down clamp which holds both manifolds in place would not have even pressure when tightened. Its a little difficult to see in the photographs but you will get the general idea.
To resolve this issue, I used fender washers which were 3mm thick and cut them to fit. See below.
The angle I cut out was intentional to keep the washer from falling off the stud if the nut came off.
Here you can see the dimensions of the washers.
A little bit of heat resistant paint to keep it from rusting.
Afterwards, the washer fits nicely filling in the gap created by the thicker intake manifold.
And now the nut holds down the clamp evenly across both intake and exhaust flanges.